Effective June 1, we will no longer support the ability for users to Watch Together. For more information, visit our Help Center.
Your favorite movies, your favorite people —together, even when you’re apart.
A New Way to Watch Together
SIGN UP FOR FREE
Before you can Watch Together, sign up for your free Movies Anywhere account. No subscription, no fees — ever.
PICK YOUR MOVIE
Send your room code and Watch Together with up to 9 other guests who have this movie in their Movies Anywhere collection.
Who Can Watch Together?
Anyone who has the movie in their Movies Anywhere collection* can Watch Together. You pick the movie, you pick the people you want to watch with.
For more information on ratings filters, click here.
What does it mean to Watch Together?
Now you can Watch Together on Movies Anywhere, which allows you to enjoy a synced viewing experience with family and friends. You can send up to 9 other guests a room code or URL to Watch Together the same movie at the same time. All users must have the same movie in their Movies Anywhere collection.
How do I Watch Together with someone?
Which movies are eligible to Watch Together?
All eligible movies will have a Watch Together button on the movie details page. Each guest must have the same movie in their own Movies Anywhere collection to Watch Together. The movies that are available to Watch Together are subject to change at any time without notice.
How do I host and send an invite to Watch Together?
Eligible users can follow these steps to share a unique, 6-character room code or URL link:
- Log into your Movies Anywhere account and go to My Movies
- Select a movie you wish to Watch Together
- From that movie’s details page, select the “Watch Together” button
- On the next screen, select the “I Want to Host” button
- Follow the steps to share the 6-character room code with others (streaming device users: share the 6-character room code using your method of choice)
- Once all guests join the lobby and are set to “Ready,” select “Play Movie” to Watch Together
- Once the host starts the movie, no additional guests will be able to join. If someone leaves during the movie, they cannot rejoin the same viewing session unless the host sends out a new code to all guests and starts the movie over.
- Each guest must have the same movie in their own Movies Anywhere collection to join.
- To Watch Together on your mobile or streaming device, please update to the latest version of the Movies Anywhere app.
How many people can Watch Together at once?
As a host, you can send a room code or URL to up to nine (9) other people to join a viewing session to Watch Together, for a maximum capacity of 10 people. Only two of those people can have access to the same Movies Anywhere account. Each guest must have the same movie in their own Movies Anywhere collection to join.