Watch Together Presented by Movies Anywhere
Your favorite movies, your favorite people —
together, even when you’re apart.
A New Way to Watch Together
Share a synced viewing experience with up to 9 other people at the same time. Watch whenever you want, wherever you want – as many times as you want.
Getting Started on Movies Anywhere
SIGN UP FOR FREE
Before you can Watch Together, create your free Movies Anywhere account. No subscription, no fees — ever.
Connect your digital retailers to create one synced collection of your favorite movies. It’s collecting made easy.
PICK YOUR MOVIE
Visit My Movies to view your collection and find a movie to Watch Together — then sit back and enjoy the show!
Join Now — Free
Open to U.S. residents 13+
How Does It Work?
Send your room code and Watch Together with up to 9 other guests who have this movie in their Movies Anywhere collection or have accepted a Screen Pass.
Once all guests have joined, the host starts the movie and controls playback for everyone in the room.
Use custom emojis to react to the movie in real-time. Guests can also use the chat feature to ask the host to pause, rewind or fast-forward.
Who Can Watch Together?
Anyone who has the movie in their Movies Anywhere collection* or has accepted a Screen Pass can Watch Together. You pick the movie, you pick the people you want to watch with.
Don’t have the movie? Here are some ways you can Watch Together:
Purchase or Redeem
Add the movie to your Movies Anywhere collection through one of your connected digital retailers or redeem a digital code.
For Screen Pass-eligible movies**, ask someone who already has the movie to send you a Screen Pass.
Learn more about Screen Pass
Learn more about Screen Pass
IMPORTANT: * Only Movies Anywhere users with a profile rating of PG-13 or higher will be eligible to Watch Together. To restrict someone from Watch Together, set the profile rating to PG or lower. For more information on ratings filters, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What does it mean to Watch Together?Now you can Watch Together on Movies Anywhere, which allows you to enjoy a synced viewing experience with family and friends. You can send up to 9 other guests a room code or URL to Watch Together the same movie at the same time. All users must either have the same movie in their Movies Anywhere collection or accept a Screen Pass to watch it.
- How do I Watch Together with someone?You can Watch Together by selecting the Watch Together button on the movie details page for movies in your My Movies collection.
- Which movies are eligible to Watch Together?All eligible movies will have a Watch Together button on the movie details page. Each guest must have the same movie in their own Movies Anywhere collection or accept a Screen Pass for the movie to Watch Together. The movies that are available to Watch Together are subject to change at any time without notice.
- How do I host and send an invite to Watch Together?Eligible users can follow these steps to share a unique, 6-character room code or URL link:
- Log into your Movies Anywhere account and go to My Movies
- Select a movie you wish to Watch Together
- From that movie’s details page, select the “Watch Together” button
- On the next screen, select the “I Want to Host” button
- Follow the steps to share the 6-character room code with others (streaming device users: share the 6-character room code using your method of choice)
- Once all guests join the lobby and are set to “Ready,” select “Play Movie” to Watch Together
- Once the host starts the movie, no additional guests will be able to join. If someone leaves during the movie, they cannot rejoin the same viewing session unless the host sends out a new code to all guests and starts the movie over.
- Each guest must have the same movie in their own Movies Anywhere collection or accept a Screen Pass for the movie to join.
- To Watch Together on your mobile or streaming device, please update to the latest version of the Movies Anywhere app.
- How many people can Watch Together at once?As a host, you can send a room code or URL to up to nine (9) other people to join a viewing session to Watch Together, for a maximum capacity of 10 people. Only two of those people can have access to the same Movies Anywhere account. Each guest must have the same movie in their own Movies Anywhere collection or accept a Screen Pass for the movie to join.
For more information, visit the Movies Anywhere Help Center.